This can benefit people who:
- have funds available to invest after paying accommodation payment
- require a regular cashflow to assist with meeting aged care expenses
- do not need to make voluntary commutations from the annuity
Things to be aware of:
- A long term annuity has favourable income and asset treatment for both social security and aged care purposes
- The asset value of a long term annuity depletes over time by the asset test depletion amount
- The income value of a long term annuity is the annual payment – deductible amount. This may be less than deeming
- Some long term annuity products may include an insurance policy that pays an amount to the persons estate on death
Aged Care & Home Care can seem complex. We have a special offer for general advice for $225.00.
Please click here for more information.
- For a fixed term annuity, estate or beneficiaries may have the option to continue receiving payments until end of term or commuting. When commuting, the value may be less than the original amount invested, as based on a present value calculation.
- If a person voluntarily commutes an annuity the withdrawal value may be significantly discounted
For more information on this subject feel free to get in touch with us click here
To receive free updates on relevant information click here
To read more about specialised service offers for Aged Care please click here
Disclaimer and Warning
The information above is of a general nature only. It should not be used as a source to make financial decisions. It's also important to note that the legislation and figures related to this topic tend to change regularly and therefore the information above may not reflect the current status. We recommend that if you are looking for advice on this matter, you should contact us .