This can benefit people who:
- are liable to pay an accommodation payment for aged care
- are receiving a social security/DVA means tested payment
- Paying a RAD saves the person DAP on the outstanding accommodation payment balance at the government interest rate (currently 5.96%pa)
- Amounts invested in a RAD are exempt under income and assets tests for social security purposes
- RAD paid is an assessable asset for the aged care means test assessment however they are not deemed
- Choosing a more expensive room and paying a higher RAD may result in an increased social security entitlement and reduced aged care fees.
- Choosing a room or facility with a higher accommodation payment may provide a higher standard of accommodation
Things to be aware of:
- RADs are government guaranteed in the event the aged care facility becomes bankrupt
- Once a RAD is paid the aged care facility does not have to refund the RAD until the person leaves the aged care facility
- Costs involved in selling existing investments to pay the RAD
- Consider person’s estate planning wishes as RAD is returned to the estate of the person upon their passing
Aged Care & Home Care can seem complex. We have a special offer for general advice for $225.00.
Please click here for more information.
For more information on this subject feel free to get in touch with us click here
To receive free updates on relevant information click here
To read more about specialised service offers for Aged Care please click here