This can benefit people who:
- do not have sufficient cashflow to meet aged care expenses
- Paying DAP by drawing down from the RAD, reduces the amount of ongoing fees that have to be met from the persons cashflow
- Where a person pays part of their accommodation payment as a RAD, aged care facilities must agree to the drawdown of DAP payments from the RAD
Things to be aware of:
- Drawing down the DAP from the RAD will reduce the balance of the RAD over time.
- DAP payments will increase over time as the outstanding balance of the accommodation payment increases
- If RAD balance reduced to nil, the person will need to pay additional RAD or commence paying DAP from regular cashflow
- Need to consider estate planning implications of reduced RAD payable on death
Aged Care & Home Care can seem complex. We have a special offer for general advice for $225.00.
Please click here for more information.
For more information on this subject feel free to get in touch with us click here
To receive free updates on relevant information click here
To read more about specialised service offers for Aged Care please click here